Updated: Oct 4, 2021
Serves 2, 45 Minutes.
1 sweet potato
2tbs olive oil
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp pepper
1tsp chilli flakes
1/2 tsp salt
Pinch brown sugar·
(Or use the pebbles London BBQ spice blend available in our shop for amazing BBQ flavour!)
Lemon and Herb Mayo ingredients:
1 egg yolk
½ tsp Dijon mustard
1tsp white wine vinegar
1 cup sunflower oil
1 lemon zested and 2tsp lemon juice
½ a bunch parsley
1. Pre heat the oven to 180*c
2. Wash both potatoes and only peel the sweet potato.
3. Cut in half lengthwise.
4. Cut into thick equal sized wedges.
5. Add the wedges into a mixing bowl.
6. Peel and finely chop the garlic cloves.
7. Add the oil, garlic and seasoning.
8. Toss the wedges in the seasoning and transfer to a baking tray.
9. Cook in the oven for 25-30 mins until crispy.
10. While they are in the oven make the mayo.
11. In a jug add the egg yolk, vinegar and mustard.
12. Using an electric whisk, whisk it until it becomes a pale-yellow colour.
13. Slowly drizzle in the oil while continuously whisking.
14. Finely chop the parsley and add it along with the lemon zest, pepper, salt and lemon juice into the mayo.
15. Add more seasoning if need be, and serve with the potato wedges.