Updated: Oct 4, 2021
Serves 2, 1 1/2 Hours.
4 cloves of garlic
1 white onion
2 chicken thighs
1tsp garlic salt
2 ½ cups of Vegetable or chicken stock
½ bunch parsley
1 cup double cream
1. Peel and finely chop the garlic.
2. Cut the onion in half and peel it.
3. Finely chop the onion.
4. Cut the chicken thighs into cubes.
5. Bring a frying pan to medium heat and add 2tbs of olive oil.
6. Add the chicken and season with salt, oregano, pepper and garlic salt.
7. Cook the chicken for 5 minutes until it is starting to turn golden brown.
8. Add the garlic and the onions and cook for 10 minutes until the onions are caramelised.
9. Move the chicken and onions to one side of the pan the add the butter to the opposite side to melt.
10. Add the flour and cook with the butter for 2 minutes.
11. Add the stock to the flour and butter bit by bit mixing continuously to avoid any lumps.
12. Mix the chicken and onions and add the thyme in with the sauce and leave to simmer on low heat for 30 minutes. (Add more stock if the sauce gets too thick).
13. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil.
14. Add 1tbs of salt and the pasta.
15. Boil the pasta for 20 minutes (until al dente)
16. Add the lemon zest and juice to the chicken sauce.
17. Add the double cream and reduce for 5 minutes.
18. Finely chop the parsley and add it to the pasta sauce.
19. Strain the pasta and add it to the sauce.
20. Add some freshly cracked black pepper and a pinch of salt and mix together.
21. Serve and enjoy with a glass of white wine.