Updated: Oct 4, 2021
Serves 2, 20 minutes.
2tbs soy sauce
1tsp sesame oil
1tsp brown sugar
1tsp minced garlic
1tbs Gochujang (korean chilli paste)
1tsp chilli flakes
1 red chilli
1 inch Fresh ginger
2 spring onions
100g Flat rice noodles
1. Finely chop the chilli, garlic and ginger.
2. Add to a heatproof bowl along with the chilli flakes and sesame seeds.
3. Bring 3tbs of vegetable oil to high heat for 5 mins and then pour over the chilli garlic and ginger.
4. In a separate bowl add the soy sauce, sugar, Gochujang , pepper, water and salt.
5. Whisk together to make a sauce.
6. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil.
7. Add your rice noodles and boil following the packaging instructions.
8. Bring a frying pan to high heat.
9. Wash and peel the spring onion and finely slice it.
10. Strain the noodles.
11. Add the chilli oil to the pan.
12. Add the noodles and cook until they start to toast slightly.
13. Add the sauce and cook for 2-3 mins.
14. Add the spring onions and then plate up.
15. Sprinkle some chilli flakes and sesame seeds over the top and enjoy!